Ice Apple-Gulkand Matka Kulfi with Jaggery | Nungu-Gulkand Malai Kulfi recipe | Nungu Matka Kulfi
How to make Ice Apple Gulkand Matka Kulfi with Jaggery | Nungu Gulkand Malai Kulfi recipe | Nungu Matka Kulfi with detailed snaps and step-by-step procedure.
What else could be the best body coolant in this scorching summer more than the Ice apples and Gulkand (Rose Petal Jam)? Think of those natural jellies and the body-cooling homemade Gulkand getting indulged into a Malai Kulfi. Wow! It's amazing, right?! The taste would undoubtedly stand out of the world.
I don't recommend buying Gulkand from stores as most of the brands are
preserving rose petals in sugar. If buying from the shop, please make
sure the petals are soaked up in honey. The best option is to make the
homemade Gulkand for which the recipe is available in two versions in
Packthesnack. Please refer to my Homemade Gulkand post.
Also, we make our khoya to make the Malai which is instant and easy. For making homemade khoya, we use unsweetened milk powder. Having said that, the coconut milk powder can also be used. Addedly, I use cow's milk for the recipe and the full-fat milk can be preferred for more creamier Malai.
The prepared Malai can be poured into Matka (small earthen pots) to make Malai Matka kulfi. The same Malai can be poured into the disposal cups. While unmoulding, insert a stick in the centre and enjoy as Malai Kulfi with a stick.
What's so special about the recipe?
We add no refined sugar in the Kulfi-making process. Instead, jaggery powder is used which enhances the taste and the health profile.
No Artificial Flavours:
Natural flavouring agents like Saffron, and cardamom powder plays a vital role in the Kulfi that gives a beautiful flavour and taste. And we add no artificial flavours here.
Fresh Ice Apples and Homemade Gulkand:
The freshly peeled & chopped ice apples along with the naturally preserved rose petals (Gulkand with honey) lift the taste up to the next level. And the healthiness added by them knows no bounds.
Health benefits of Ice Apples:
- An excellent body coolant.
- Cures stomach aches and digestive issues.
- Ice apples are loaded with carbohydrates, fibre, protein, calcium, and vital vitamins.
- These low-calorie fruits can help you lose weight.
Health benefits of Gulkand:
- Best body coolant which avoids internal body heat.
- Best medicine for Ulcers & Constipation.
- Great medicine for Pregnant ladies which is known to heal Indigestion.
- Helps omit dehydration of the body.
- Holds an anti-ageing effect and benefits skin glow.
- Best detoxifier which detoxifies the body from the inside.
- Rich in Iron which helps heal Anaemia.
So, the great option to cool down our body in the hot summer should be this delicious & mouth-melting Ice Apple Gulkand Matka Kulfi made with Jaggery and homemade Khoya. This not only hydrates the body but also makes us float in the air with the lovely bite of Ice Apples and rose petals hiding in the creamy & chill Malai.
The tits & bits of chopped nuts here & there, the deliciously 'jelli-cious' Ice apples, the sweetly honey-soaked rose petals, the flavour-loaded saffron strands, and the jaggery-sweetened melting Malai fuse together to make the world's best and the healthiest Ice apple-Gulkand Malai Matka Kulfi.
The best thing is that it need not be churned again and again. If Homemade is Happiness, Healthful Homemade is Boundless Happiness! Try this health-loaded dessert and melt yourselves in the mesmerizing taste & flavour of the real Kulfi!
Have you tried this recipe?
If so, take a snap & tag '@packthesnack_' on Instagram.
This Malai kulfi is prepared with whole milk, homemade khoya, ice apples & gulkand that is sweetened with Jaggery, and flavoured with natural flavouring agents like kesar & cardamom.
Ice Apple-Gulkand Matka Kulfi
- Whole milk - 1/2 cup
- Milk powder (unsweetened) - 1 cup
- Whole milk - 1 litre
- Jaggery powder - 1 & 1/2 cups
- Saffron strands - a few
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Pistachios & Almonds - 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Homemade Khoya - 1/2 cup
- Ice Apples - 2 cups (peeled & chopped)
- Homemade Gulkand - 1/2 cup
- Add half a cup of milk to a pan. Also, add 1 cup of unsweetened milk powder to it. Mix well without lumps and continue to cook until it thickens to form a Khoya.
- Reduce 1-litre of whole milk to half by boiling & scraping down the sides often.
- Add jaggery powder, kesar, cardamom powder, and nuts to the reduced milk.
- Also, add homemade khoya to it, and boil for a few minutes.
- Once it attained the right consistency, cool the mixture down completely.
- Now, add Ice apples and Gulkand to the mixture, and give a mix.
- Pour the Malai into Matka, and freeze for 6 to 8 hours or until frozen completely.
- Enjoy the natural taste of Matka Malai Kulfi!
Stay Connected on YouTube, Facebook & Instagram(@packthesnack_)!
Step-by-Step Procedure with Pictures
How to Make?To Make Homemade Khoya:
- Add half a cup of milk to a pan.
- Also, add 1 cup of unsweetened milk powder or coconut milk powder to it.
Mix well without lumps.
- Cook on a low flame until thickens.
- Stir constantly until it forms a Khoya. Keep it aside.
To Make Ice Apple Gulkand Malai Matka Kulfi:
- Add 1 litre of whole milk to a pan.
- Boil the milk by scraping it down the sides.
- Add 1 and half a cups of jaggery powder.
- Mix well, and allow to boil until the milk has reduced to half.
- Add a few saffron strands, cardamom powder, and a half cup of chopped pistachios & almonds.
- Mix well, and add half a cup of homemade khoya that we prepared.
- Mix really very well until no lumps are found. Once the desired consistency is reached, remove it from the heat, and allow it to cool completely. The Malai should not be too thin or too thick in consistency.
- Once cooled down completely.
- Add 2 cups of peeled & chopped Ice apple pieces.
- Also, add half a cup of homemade gulkand. You can add any gulkand of your choice.
- Mix very well, and the Malai is ready to pour into the cups or matka.
- Garnish the top with chopped pistachios.
- Pour the Malai mix into the Matka.
- Allow it to freeze for 6 to 8 hours or until fully set.
- Remove from the freezer, and enjoy the Malai Matka Kulfi.
- You could pour the same Malai into the disposal cups, and freeze them. While unmoulding, insert a stick in the middle, and enjoy it as a Kulfi stick.
- While boiling the milk, scrape down the sides often to get the creamy Malai.
- The consistency of the Malai should neither be too thin nor too thick. The thick yet runny consistency is perfect for the Kulfi that melts in the mouth.
- Do not add any artificial flavouring agents as the real taste would be outstanding.
- If buying Gulkand from the store, buy the one preserved with honey.