Homemade Nutella | 'No Sugar' Healthy Chocolate Spread in just 5 minutes
How to make Homemade Nutella | 'No Sugar' Healthy Chocolate Spread recipe with detailed snaps and step-by-step procedure.
Who doesn't love Nutella? The very rich, chocolatey and delicious spreadable condiment that never fails to excite our taste palates, isn't it?! Nutella is a sweetened hazelnut-cocoa spread that becomes a popular part of most people's breakfast menu.
Do you know that the store-bought Nutella has this?
Very high Sugar Content & More Palm Oil:
- Though Nutella is said to be a hazelnut-cocoa spread, it contains 57% of sugar which is the major component in store-bought Nutella.
- The next major component is palm oil which is used for the smooth and creamy consistency of the Nutella.
Very less Hazelnuts:
- Trust me or not, each jar of Nutella contains approximately about 13% of Hazelnuts. Yes! Just 13%.
Are you fond of Store-bought Nutella? Then this is the recipe for you that has more nuts, no sugar, and absolutely no chemical additives added to it.
Excited guys?! Here is the post for Homemade Nutella which comes with the extreme goodness of nuts and jaggery. This guilt-free yummy chocolate spread should score sixer among kids, teens, and adults without any question. Addedly, it would spare you just 5 minutes to get it done. Sounds interesting, isn't it?
What's Special in Homemade Nutella?
- Usually, Homemade Nutella has a very less amount of hazelnut added to it. Also, it comes with additives and artificial flavoring agents. Our Nutella contains more nuts. Yes! Go Nuts!
- Instead of using Hazelnuts, the combination of Hazelnut, Almond, and Cashewnut is used in the recipe.
- Jaggery in place of refined sugar would add health benefits.
- It's easy-peasy! Yes, It would take less than 5 minutes to prepare homemade Nutella.
Use a good-quality cocoa powder that would amp up the taste profile of your Chocolate spread. For a more chocolatey taste, use Dutch-processed cocoa powder. Melted dark chocolate can also be substituted in place of cocoa powder.
What's more? Dry roast the nuts on a low flame that helps to seep out their oil very well. Doing so would result in a thin nut butter that makes the nutella rich and creamy. Also, any combination of nuts like Hazelnut, Cashews, Almonds or Peanuts would work well. Adding peanuts yields a peanutty taste to your Nutella. My combination of hazelnuts, cashews, and almonds works like magic and I suggest you try the same.
What could be better than our Homemade Nutella?
- Our Nutella contains more nuts. Having said that, the main component here is the nuts.
- Despite palm oil, coconut oil is added which is rich in health benefits and also yields creamy Nutella without altering the taste profile.
- Instead of Sugar, Jaggery powder is used. For a cup of nuts, we use 1/2 cup of jaggery powder only. To add more sweetness and to attain the right consistency, we add honey as well.
- It would take less than 5 minutes to prepare this homemade Nutella.
So, a very healthy Homemade Nutella with more nuts, no palm oil, and no sugar is here just for you. This can be used as a dessert topping and as a spread for any bread kinds. What are you waiting for guys?! Make your own batch of Nutella today and surprise your loved ones with this guilt-free Nutella.
Have you tried this recipe?
If so, take a snap & tag '@packthesnack_' on Instagram.
The healthy, rich, delicious & chocolatey spread prepared with more nuts, no sugar, coconut oil, honey, and cocoa powder.
- Hazelnuts - 1/2 cup
- Almonds - 1/4 cup
- Cashews - 1/4 cup
- Jaggery powder - 1/2 cup
- Cocoa powder - 2/3 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
- Coconut oil - 3 tbsp
- Honey - 1 tbsp
- Slowly roast hazelnuts, almonds, and cashews in a pan. Cool them down thoroughly.
- Grind the nuts until they form a nut butter. Scrape down the sides often and grind them in a pulse mode for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- To the nut butter add jaggery powder, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and honey.
- Grind until they reach spread-like consistency.
Stay Connected on YouTube, Facebook & Instagram(@packthesnack_)!
Step-by-Step Procedure with Pictures
How to Make?
- To a pan, add half a cup of hazelnuts.
- Also, add a quarter cup of cashews.
- Now, add a quarter cup of almonds.
- Dry roast the nuts on a low flame until nice aroma starts to come out.
- Cool them down completely.
- Now, transfer the nuts to a grinder jar.
- Grind them by running the mixie in pulse mode.
- After several pulses, it forms a powder. Scrape down the sides.
- Grind again. The oil would start to release from the nuts.
- Scrape the sides again, and start to grind.
- You would get nut butter with the right thin consistency.
- To the nut butter, add 2/3 cup of cocoa powder.
- Also, add 1/2 cup of jaggery powder.
- Add 3 tablespoons of coconut oil now. Any flavourless oil can be used in place of coconut oil.
- Now, flavour the Nutella with the vanilla extract.
- Add a tablespoon of honey now.
- Grind all the ingredients until they come together.
- You could add more coconut oil or honey until the spread-like consistency is reached.
- Store the Homemade Nutella in a dry container, and enjoy for a month!
- Dry roasting the nuts very well on a low flame helps to get a rich nut butter which in turn yields a rich-tasting Nutella.
- If the Nutella is too thick, try adding more honey or an extra tablespoon of coconut or any flavourless oil.
- If the Nutella is too thin, you can add a little more cocoa powder or milk powder to thicken it.
- Adjust the quantity of jaggery powder and honey based on your taste.
Easy, Healthy, Rich & Delicious!
Post a Comment
It has been a lot of time & effort spent behind each recipe in innovating, experimenting, time-testing, and presenting them in an informative way. Hope you spend back a little time to leave your valuable comments here...