Eggless Wheat Pancake with Jaggery | "No Whisk" 5 minutes recipe | How to Make Fluffy Pancake without Eggs, Maida & Sugar
How to make Eggless Wheat Pancake with Jaggery | Fluffy Pancake without Eggs, Maida & Sugar.
The cloudy, fluffy & spongy pancakes are what we dream of, isn't it? My Kiddo enjoys pancakes as her breakfast or as her snack. Since my little girl loves it, I try to kick out the unhealthy ingredients from the Pancake recipe. Yes! I always prepare Multigrain/Sathumaav Pancakes for her which I used to prepare with Jaggery. I have posted the Sathumaav Pancake recipe 3 years ago on my blog and you can check it out.
The Eggless Pancakes that I introduce here are completely hassle-free and the beauty thing is those can be prepared in just 5 minutes with no need for any bowl, any whisking, or any mixing. I can feel your excitement now. Yes! Just blend & pour, and your pancakes are ready.
The right amount of ingredients and the right consistency of the batter makes the best fluffy pancakes. The sure thing is there lie some tricks to get your pancakes to rise high. You have to play right with the temperature to end up with the best fluffy pancakes which show off the spongy texture inside.
Dos and Don'ts:
- Run the mixer in pulse mode once the wheat flour is added. Never dare to run the mixer on high speed, and the pancakes may go flat.
- The batter should neither be too thick nor too runny. The very thick batter may result in hard pancakes and the runny batter on the other hand would result in very flat pancakes.
- While pouring the batter, the temperature should be kept low. Keep the flame on very low.
- Flip the pancakes when the bottom is cooked, and the top is still not cooked. If you allow the top to get cooked before flipping, after flipping the pancakes won't rise and remain flat.
- Once flipped, turn the flame to high. This allows the pancakes to rise as high as possible. If you skip this step, your pancakes would not rise high.
- Once the pancakes are raised enough, turn the flame to low and allow the inside to get cooked thoroughly. If this part is missed, your pancakes are raised leaving the inside not fully cooked.
So, the temperature plays a major role in getting the perfectly raised fluffy pancakes. After many experiments, I come up with the right amount of ingredients that favours the best fluffy pancakes. Changing the quantity may leave your batter too tight or very runny.
Keep the tricks in mind, and get ready to make these cloudy beauties. Some people may think that Jaggery changes the taste, and the wheat flour makes the denser pancakes. Trust me! This Eggless version of wheat pancakes tastes delicious in its own way and you'll get to know it when you give it a try.
The Ingredients & their purpose:
I use boiled cow's milk in the recipe. It can be swapped with any plant-based milk like coconut milk, soy milk, or cashew milk.
Baking Powder + Lemon Juice:
Helps to trap air inside the batter which in turn helps in raising the pancakes.
Helps to mask the raw smell of wheat flour and gives a natural flavour of vanilla. You could use cardamom powder instead.
I love to use melted butter or virgin coconut oil in my pancakes. It could be any fat like butter, ghee, or oil. Trust me, coconut oil won't leave any traces of its taste in the pancakes. The fat content helps to add moisture to the pancakes preventing dryness.
Jaggery powder is a healthy substitute for sugar. And it works like heaven.
Wheat flour is a healthy substitute for Maida. Since Maida ruins our health, I highly recommend using Wheat flour in your baking.
So, the very healthy and fluffy pancakes with no foul smell of eggs can be ready to serve in just 5 minutes. This could be your add-in-your-diet recipe, especially for those young mamas who look for an easy snacking option for their kids. I hope the recipe can be enjoyed by all the kids and adults who look for hassle-free breakfast or dinner.
The Eggless Pancakes can be served with chocolate syrup, honey, dates & raisins syrup, maple syrup, caramel syrup, or any dips of your choice.
The Eggless Pancakes can be enjoyed for a day or two while storing them at room temperature.
Have you tried this recipe?
If so, take a snap & tag '@packthesnack_' on Instagram.
The very healthy, fluffy, and spongy Pancakes are prepared with wheat flour, jaggery powder, coconut oil, and milk.
Eggless Wheat Pancake with Jaggery
- Wheat flour - 2 & 1/4 cups
- Milk - 2 cups
- Lemon Juice - 2 tbsp
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
- Coconut oil - 1/4 cup
- Add 2 cups of milk to a big mixer jar.
- Add lemon juice, coconut oil, and vanilla extract to the same jar.
- Now, add jaggery powder, and beat well.
- To the mixture, add wheat flour and baking powder.
- Run the mixer in the pulse mode until well combined. The batter is ready now.
- Scoop the batter and pour it into the skillet keeping the flame on low.
- Flip over and cook.
- The Eggless pancakes are ready!
Stay Connected on YouTube, Facebook & Instagram(@packthesnack_)!
Step-by-Step Procedure with Pictures
How to Make?
- Take a big mixer jar, and add 2 cups of milk. I have added boiled cow's milk here. You can add any plant-based milk as well. Coconut milk works great if you want to skip cow's milk in the recipe.
- Squeeze a half lemon into the same mixer jar.
- Add 1/4 cup of virgin coconut oil. You can use melted butter as well.
- Add 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Also, add 1 cup of Jaggery powder.
- Beat the ingredients well in the mixer jar.
- Now, add 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Also, add 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Run the mixie in pulse mode until the batter is ready. Do not overbeat since the pancakes would turn dense instead of fluffy.
- Scoop the batter.
- Pour it onto the Tawa while keeping the flame on low. I make 3 pancakes at one stretch which reduces the time taken to make the pancakes.
- Allow the bottom to get cooked. Flip the pancakes carefully.
- Once the pancakes are flipped, make sure to increase the temperature to high. This helps the pancakes to raise as high as they can. Once they are raised, reduce the flame to low, and allow the inside to get cooked fully.
- Transfer to a plate, top with any sauce or dips, and serve.
- Stick to the mentioned quantity of ingredients to end up with the right consistency of the batter which in turn helps in the fluffy pancakes ever.
Healthy! Fluffy! Quick Breakfast!