Ice Apple Vegan Kheer | No Milk, No Sugar, No Fire | Easy Nungu Kheer recipe
How to make Ice Apple Vegan Kheer | No Milk, No Sugar, No Fire Nungu
Kheer | Easy Nungu Payasam recipe | Ice Apple Kheer with coconut milk |
Nongu Kheer with detailed snaps and step-by-step procedure.
Phew! It's Summer! Thinking of a way to kick out the scorching heat? I
have a recipe to cool you down completely. Yup! It's my super easy
version of Ice Apple Kheer made with 'No Milk, No Sugar, &
absolutely No Fire'.
Ice Apple Kheer or Nungu Kheer is a variety of Kheer usually prepared with Ice Apples and Milk. My version of Ice Apple Kheer stands unique and tastes outstanding with 'No Milk' which makes it a perfect vegan version of Nungu Kheer.
Who doesn't love Ice Apples? The natural jelly that cools our body and yummifies the taste buds is what we need unconditionally in the Summer. My kiddo is an extreme lover of Ice Apples, and there is no doubt that this super tasty kheer is her favourite dish. Sure to say, this recipe would become everybody's favourite since the taste is just addictive enough to convince anyone.
Moreover, the Ice Apple Vegan Kheer would be the healthiest option during Summers that uses fresh coconut milk, a handful of nuts, and our deliciously 'Jelly-cious' Ice Apples. Let's know the super-duper health benefits of Ice Apple Vegan Kheer.
Do you know the health goodness of Ice Apples?
- An excellent body coolant.
- Cures stomach aches and digestive issues.
- Ice apples are loaded with carbohydrates, fibre, protein, calcium, and vital vitamins.
- These low-calorie fruits can help you lose the weight.
What's more? The goodness of Ice Apples along with the goodness of coconut milk and nuts can do huge benefits to our body's health. Addedly, the taste blend of Ice apples, coconut, and creamier nuts take the dish to the next level unquestionably.
The preparation needed would be the fun job of peeling the Ice Apples, and an easy job of preparing the coconut milk. If the preparation is done, the blending and mixing would be done in just 2 minutes. So, the easiest Ice Apple Kheer recipe with the truly unbeatable flavour profile is here just for you.
What makes the Ice Apple Kheer Creamier?
- Go Nuts while adding Nuts! The Cashews and Almonds are the agents that make the kheer yummy and creamy.
- Addedly, the jelly-like Ice Apples are blended along with the nuts to make it richer and creamier in the way it has to be.
Jaggery is the best sweetener that blends well with the other ingredients of the dish. I have added only the first coconut milk to achieve the perfect richness and creaminess that my family wants it to be. You can choose to add the second coconut milk to thin out the kheer a bit more.
The tits & bits of crunchy nuts here & there; the flawless flavour of the topped saffron strands; the 'jelly-cious' feel of the chopped Ice Apples; and the creamy texture of the blended nuts & coconut milk. What's more to say? These are more than enough to cope up the scorching summer and to satiate the taste buds.
Get rid of the packaged & processed drinks, and get yourself vanished in the natural taste of the 'No Milk, No Sugar, No Fire' Vegan Ice Apple Kheer. I would love to hear back from you. If you try this recipe, take the time to register your valuable feedback in the comment section below.
- Consume the Ice Apple kheer within a day to enjoy its benefits. When refrigerated, it can be consumed within a day or two.
Have you tried this recipe?
If so, take a snap & tag '@packthesnack_' on Instagram.
The healthy, creamy & yummy Ice Apple Kheer that is prepared with "No Milk, No Sugar, and No Fire".
Ice Apple Vegan Kheer
- Ice Apples - 10
- Cashews - 12
- Almonds - 12
- Shredded coconut - 3/4 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Cardamom pods - 4
- Chopped Cashews, Almonds, Pistachios - 2 tbsp
- Saffron Strands - a few (for garnishing)
- Peel and get the Ice apples ready.
- Take 3/4 cup of fresh coconut in a blender, and blend along with a cup of water & the cardamom pods. Filter out and keep the coconut milk ready.
- Blend Ice apples, Cashews, Almonds, and Jaggery powder to make a smooth paste.
- Add the blended paste to the coconut milk.
- Also, add the chopped Ice apples, and the sliced nuts.
- Mix well, and serve immediately.
- You can keep the Ice Apple Kheer in the refrigerator, and serve it chilled.
Stay Connected on YouTube, Facebook & Instagram(@packthesnack_)!
Step-by-Step Procedure with Pictures
How to Make?
- Take 3/4 cup of freshly shredded coconut in a juicer jar or mixer jar.
- Add 4 cardamom pods to it.
- Also, add a cup of water to the jar.
- Grind the ingredients to extract the coconut milk.
- Pass through a colander to extract the coconut milk.
- Keep the coconut milk ready.
- Peel and get the Ice apples ready. Take 4 peeled Ice apples in a blender.
- Add 12 cashews to the same blender.
- Also, add 12 almonds.
- Measure 1/2 cup of jaggery powder, and add it to the same blender.
- Blend everything to get a very smooth paste.
- Add the blended paste to the coconut milk.
- Chop 6 tender Ice Apples into fine pieces, and add to the coconut milk.
- Also, add 2 tablespoons of sliced or chopped cashews, almonds & pistachios to the kheer.
- Mix until well-combined.
- Transfer to the serving bowl, and top it with chopped pistachios & saffron strands.
- Serve the Ice Apple Kheer immediately, or serve chilled by keeping it in the fridge for a while.
- The second coconut milk could be added to the Ice Apple Kheer to make it thin.
- Chill the Ice Apple Kheer for the best-tasting experience.
- The tender Ice Apples when chopped and added to the kheer, would give the soft jelly feel on bites.