Paan Mithai/Burfi | Betel Leaves Burfi | Unique & Healthy Paan Sweet recipe | No refined sugar, No Khoya, No Condensed Milk
How to make Paan Mithai/Barfi | Pan Barfi | Betel leaves Burfi | Paan Sweet recipe with detailed snaps and step-by-step procedure.
Who would deny if the sweet is totally unique, totally healthy, totally drool-worthy to see and totally lip-smacking to eat? just think if it comes with the bonus of simplicity in ingredients and making process. So, the easy, less tricky, unique Paan Sweet recipe can be your next pick to make any festival or occasion more special.
Paan Mithai or Pan Burfi/Barfi is a unique sweet delicacy prepared with betel leaves, fresh coconut and cashews with other flavoursome spices. When I got several bunches of fresh betel leaves, the first thing that rolled into my mind is the Burfi kind of sweet that I could try out of them. Well! The first attempt itself was a top hit among my family members and they wanted more & more since the taste was tremendously good.
The great thing about my version of Paan Mithai is its simplicity in the ingredients used and the simplicity in how the dish is prepared. The usage of basic ingredients with no contacts from the fancy packaged milk-based items like Khoya, condensed milk or milk powder is the speciality of my special Paan Mithai.
Getting no advantage from any artificial colour or flavour, or any chemically treated items, Paan Mithai scored high with the natural flavour, colour and notably, the lip-smacking taste. Using Tutti-Frutti in the recipe is completely optional and skipping it would pronounce no change in the taste.
Know the Speciality of Paan Mithai:
No Milk-based products:
- Usually, milk-based products like Khoya or condensed milk is used to attain the right consistency in the Mithai or Burfi kind of sweets.
- In this recipe, only half a cup of cow's milk is used which is more than sufficient to get a perfect Paan Mithai.
- Simple and fresh ingredients like betel leaves, fresh coconut and cashews are used in the recipe along with natural flavouring agents like cardamom and fennel seeds.
Simplicity in Making:
- The preparation method is the bonus goodness that requires no complications like checking for syrup consistency. Simply stirring the mixture would end up in the best-tasting Paan Mithai.
No Chemicals, No Refined Sugar:
- The Paan Mithai gets its texture, flavour and colour from the natural ingredients, and the sweetener used here is the rock candy.
The simple yet delicious Paan Mithai recipe requires certain tricks to get it right each time you make it. Let's discuss the dos and don'ts before entering into the cooking mode.
Dos and Don'ts:
- Dry roast the fennel seeds until they seep out their flavour completely. Keep in mind, the best-roasted fennel seeds would do magic in the taste. Also, do not dare to burn them as doing so may spoil the taste of the dish.
- Dry roast the fresh coconut until there is zero moisture present in it. The roasted coconut lends a good aroma & texture to the Paan Mithai. Also, dry roasting the fresh coconut helps in elongating the shelf life of Paan Mithai.
- Stop at the right consistency. The mixture has to be gathered as a big mass, and fall like a big lump when taken with a spatula. Crossing this stage may make the Paan Mithai chewy or hard.
- Transfer immediately to the greased tray once the right consistency has arrived. Also, allow it to cool completely before unmoulding.
Sounds easy, isn't it? I have a few more top-rated recipes prepared with betel leaves and fresh coconut, please take a look at them too.
Betel leaves rice - with special masala
Could Desiccated Coconut be used?
- Desiccated coconut could be substituted in the place of fresh coconut. Desiccated coconut (if used) can be added without dry roasting.
- The Paan Mithai keeps good up to a week when stored in an air-tight container at room temperature. But, trust me, it won't last long as the taste is so addictive.
Have you tried this recipe?
If so, take a snap & tag '@packthesnack_' on Instagram.
⏲ Cooking Time: 20 minutes
⏲ Total Time: 35 minutes
Unique and hard-to-resist Paan Sweet recipe prepared out of Betel leaves, fresh coconut, cashews, milk, and other natural flavouring spices.
- Betel leaves/ Vettrilai - 6 to 8 (medium-sized)
- Boiled milk - 1/2 cup
- Fresh coconut - 1 & 1/2 cup
- Fennel seeds - 2 tbsp
- Cardamom pods - 6
- Cashews - 1/4 cup (25 nos)
- Rock candy - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Homemade Gulkand - 1 tbsp
- Tutti Frutti - 2 tbsp (optional)
- Dry roast fennel seeds, cardamom pods and cashews until they turn aromatic.
- Finely powder the dry roasted ingredients along with a cup of crushed rock candy.
- Dry roast the fresh coconut until there is no moisture content present in it.
- Add the dry roasted coconut along with the powdered ingredients, and blend to get a coarse powder.
- Transfer the coarsely ground mixture into a wide pan.
- Blend betel leaves along with half a cup of milk, and add it to the pan.
- Also, add a tablespoon of Gulkand to the pan.
- Mix everything well until well combined.
- Add a teaspoon of ghee, and two tablespoons of tutti frutti (if adding).
- Stir constantly over a medium flame to cook the mixture.
- After some time, the mixture would start to thicken. Stir continuously.
- At some point, the sides of the mixture would start to turn frothy.
- The mixture would be able to gather as a big mass, and when taken with a spatula, it has to fall like a big chunk. Flame off immediately.
- Transfer to a greased tray and allow it to cool completely.
- Demould it, and then cut into pieces of the desired shape.
Stay Connected on YouTube, Facebook & Instagram(@packthesnack_)!
Step-by-Step Procedure with Pictures
How to Make?
- Add two tablespoons of fennel seeds to a pan.
- Add the cardamom pods as well.
- Also, add a quarter cup of cashews to the same pan.
- Dry roast all the ingredients until they start to release their aroma.
- Transfer the dry roasted ingredients to a mixer jar.
- Add a cup of crushed rock candy into the mixer jar.
- Grind them into a fine powder.
- Now, add one and a half cups of fresh coconut to the pan.
- Dry roast the coconut until there is zero moisture present in it.
- Add the roasted coconut to the mixer jar.
- Grind the coconut along with the powdered ingredients to get a coarse powder.
- Transfer the mixture to a wide pan.
- Now, take 6 to 8 roughly chopped betel leaves in a blender.
- Add half a cup of boiled milk to it.
- Blend them finely.
- Add the betel leaves + milk mixture to the same pan in which the coarse powdered mixture is added.
- Add a tablespoon of Gulkand to the pan.
- Mix everything well.
- Add a teaspoon of ghee at this stage.
- Also, add two tablespoons of tutti frutti (if adding).
- Stir constantly the mixture, and it would start to cook.
- Cook over a medium flame to prevent burning at the bottom. Stir continuously, and the mixture would start to thicken.
- At some point, the sides of the mixture would start to turn frothy. It is a sign of Paan Mithai getting close to the right consistency.
- When the mixture gathers together as a big mass, it is perfectly ready to get set.
- Flame off immediately.
- Transfer the Paan Mithai to the greased pan immediately.
- Spread some ghee on top to avoid drying out.
- Allow it to cool completely (preferably overnight) to get the best-tasting Paan Mithai.
- Demould the Paan Mithai carefully.
- Cut into pieces with the desired shape.
- The best-tasting, refreshing, Paan Sweet is ready to be enjoyed!
- Use a wide non-stick pan to get mess-free Paan Mithai in very little time.
- Dry roast fennel seeds very well since they lend a good flavour to the Paan Mithai.
- Dry roast the fresh coconut until there is no moisture in it. It will increase the shelf life of the Paan Mithai.
- For the mentioned quantity, 6 to 8 betel leaves would work best.
Paan mittai very creative sweet.. voice semma laddu petti💪⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐😋🎉🥰ReplyDelete
Innovative paan mittai is again an excellent sweet recipe...sweet voice too baby...Go on...🤗🤩ReplyDelete
Very interesting and amazing article about Online Food Ordering Software. I will surely share it with friends. Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete
This article provided me with a wealth of information aboutWelcome Indian Restaurant. The article is both educational and helpful. Thank you for providing this information. Keep up the good work.ReplyDelete
You've provided quite good information here. This is fantastic since it expands our knowledge and is also beneficial to us. Thank you for sharing this piece of writing. Party Venue Melbourne.ReplyDelete
Very informative article, which you have shared here about the Food. After reading your article I got very much information and it is very useful for us. I am thankful to you for sharing this article here.Get Palliative Food At Home Now site.ReplyDelete
I am grateful that I was able to learn something useful from this article. After reading it, I believe you possess excellent expertise about Baklava Sweets Online Delivery Thank you for sharing that. Keep up the good work.ReplyDelete
I'm grateful for the information you've provided in this article. You have some Baklava Sweets Online Delivery fantastic photographs in the preceding article. Thank you so much for sharing it. Keep up the good work.ReplyDelete