Instant Roasted Gram Peda with Jaggery | Pottukadalai Peda sweet | No Milk Powder, No Condensed Milk | Healthy Snack
How to make Instant Roasted Gram Peda with Jaggery | Pottukadalai Peda sweet | No Milk Powder, No Condensed Milk | Healthy Snack with detailed snaps and step-by-step procedure.
Peda is the most popular Indian confectionery prepared with milk as the base. The Peda is a soft, mouth-melting, milk-based flat ball that is usually sweetened with sugar, and often topped with dry fruits.
The traditional long process of making Peda can be reduced by using milk powder or condensed milk instead of milk. Other than the Milk Peda, there are many more variations in the Peda recipes having milk or dry milk as their base.
The Roasted Gram Peda recipe is completely different from the usual Peda sweet recipes, extremely healthy with the simple ingredients, fully loaded with deliciousness that seeks no help from any hard-to-get fancy ingredients, and totally hassle-free that takes very little time to make.
Let's know the features of Instant Roasted Gram Peda:
Instant - It takes only 10 minutes to prepare this super healthy Peda.
Super Healthy - the Protein-packed Roasted Bengal gram (Pottukadalai) makes the recipe super healthy.
No Refined Sugar - unlike usual Peda recipes, the Roasted gram Peda uses Jaggery as the sweetener which makes it healthier. True to say, Jaggery acts as a taste enhancer for this Peda recipe.
No Milk powder, No Condensed Milk - Either milk powder or the condensed milk are used as shortcuts to cut off the time taken to prepare the traditional Peda. The Roasted gram Peda does not use any of them but could be able to yield super yummy Peda in very little time.
So, the very simple yet healthy Peda recipe with the home available healthy ingredients is revealed here. The one recipe that I make very frequently for my kid is this Roasted Gram Peda. This serves as a health-filled quick snack that would be hard to resist by anyone because of the yummy taste of the Peda.
What to do & What not to do?
Blend Fine & Sift:
Blend the roasted gram very fine and sift it thoroughly to get rid of any coarse particles present. The perfection of the Peda lies in its smoothness which in turn would be gotten from the finely ground roasted gram flour.
Stir with no Lumps:
While adding the roasted gram flour to the hot milk, there may be chances of getting lumps if the flour is not mixed properly. So, stir constantly until the lumps have fully vanished.
Greasing the hands with ghee before making Peda ensures crack-free and smooth Peda.
It takes less than 5 minutes to gather into a smooth dough. Moreover, the blending process is not complex as the roasted gram powders finely in a very less time. This super-fast Peda recipe never fails you anytime, and the taste would be just more than delicious. We can get 35 medium-sized Peda with the mentioned quantity of ingredients, and they can be topped with Kesar or any dry fruits of your choice.
How long the Roasted Gram Peda keeps good?
As milk is used in the recipe, it is good to consume the Peda within a day or two. It keeps well for two to three days when stored in the refrigerator.
Have you tried this recipe?
If so, take a snap & tag '@packthesnack_' on Instagram.
⏲ Cooking Time: 5 minutes
⏲ Total Time: 10 minutes
The super-quick, super-healthy and super-tasty Peda sweet recipe prepared with Roasted Gram, Milk, and Jaggery.
Instant Roasted Gram Peda with Jaggery
- Roasted Gram - 1 cup
- Boiled Milk - 1 & 1/4 cup
- Jaggery powder - 1 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ghee - 2 tbsp + a few drops (for greasing hands)
- Black Raisins (or any dry fruits) - a few (for topping)
- Powder a cup of a roasted gram into a very fine powder.
- Sift the roasted gram powder along with the cardamom powder to get lump-free flour.
- To a pan, add jaggery powder and milk.
- Once the jaggery dissolves completely, add the ghee and mix.
- To the boiling milk, add the sifted roasted gram flour.
- Stir constantly over a low flame to get rid of the lumps.
- Once the mixture gathers to form a smooth dough, transfer to a bowl.
- With the greased hands, make a ball, flatten it, and top it with a dry fruit of your choice.
Stay Connected on YouTube, Facebook & Instagram(@packthesnack_)!
Step-by-Step Procedure with Pictures
How to Make?
- Take a cup of a roasted gram in a blender.
- Blend to get a very fine powder and transfer the powdered roasted gram to a colander.
- Add the cardamom powder to the colander.
- Sift the flour to get rid of any coarse particles present.
- To a pan, add a cup of jaggery powder.
- Add one full cup plus a quarter cup of boiled milk to the same pan.
- Turn on the flame and stir well to dissolve the jaggery completely.
- Now, add two tablespoons of ghee to the sweetened milk, and mix.
- Add the sifted flour to the boiling milk.
- Stir constantly.
- Stir continuously as such no lumps are seen.
- Keep stirring, and the smooth dough would be gathered. The smooth dough which should be non-sticky when touched with the hands is the right sign of super-smooth Peda.
- Grease the hands with a little ghee.
- Make a small portion of the dough, and roll it in between the palm to get a sphere.
- Now, flatten the sphere gently to form a Peda.
- Place a piece of black raisin or any dry fruit on top, and press gently.
- Make Pedas with the remaining dough as well. You will get approximately 35 Roasted Gram Peda with a soft & smooth texture.
- Use a wide non-stick pan to make mess-free Peda in very little time.
- Sift the Roasted gram flour before adding to end up with smooth-textured perfect Pedas.
- Shape the Pedas when the mixture is warm. This ensures crack-free Pedas that hold the shape easily.