Homemade Dark Fantasy | Choco-fill Cookies with Whole Wheat & Jaggery | with oven & without oven
How to make Homemade Dark Fantasy | Choco-fill Cookies | Choco-fill cookies with Whole Wheat & Jaggery | Choco-fill cookies without oven & with oven with detailed snaps and step by step procedure.
What could be more satisfying than offering a guilt-free, healthy
homemade cookie to your loved ones? The smiles on their faces after a
bite of the healthy cookies is more than enough to get a proud moment on
I always love to experiment with something new, something different with highly healthy ingredients. This homemade dark fantasy is something special that truly rocks with the healthy inputs, and is the reason why I suppose to honour these lovely chocolaty cookies as the 100th recipe on my blog.
Yes! Glad to post my 100th special recipe here.
Are you a person addicted to Chocolaty desserts? Why don't you give a try on this healthy version of choco-fill cookies? They are super chocolaty from the inside with a super crunchy crust made out of whole wheat cookie dough. There are no artificial flavours and colours adopted, and the refined sugar-free, jaggery-based, choco-filling and crust, make the cookies stand in the health spotlight.
Know the Special features of Homemade Dark Fantasy:
Healthy Chocolate Filling:
- True to say, there are infinite
options available to keep as the chocolate filling. To make it simple,
you can embed a piece of compound milk chocolate inside the dough and
bake. This gives the gooey chocolate filling after bake. But, the easy
and healthy homemade version of chocolate filling allows doing a mess-free
- Nothing could beat the taste of a healthy homemade version, isn't it? My version of chocolate filling is very healthy and designed to hold shape easily when making the cookies. It can be scooped easily after refrigeration and also, it firmly holds the shape when the cookies are shaped.
- After bake, the chocolate filling will not be gooey but would be a lot more chocolaty which never fails to bomb inside the mouth on each bite of the cookie.
Completely Refined Sugar-free:
- As usual, no refined sugar is used in the recipe and the Jaggery handles the sweetener role so beautifully.
- Whole wheat flour is used in the recipe which gives the super crispy crust that we want.
- Using good quality cocoa powder always excel the taste of chocolate-based desserts, and these cookies are not exceptional. Though I'm not adding any artificial flavours in my cookies, it is up to you to add a teeny bit of vanilla extract to amp up the flavour profile of the choco-fill cookies.
- For each cookie, scoop out a tablespoon of the cookie dough to make a big-sized ball, and scoop out a teaspoon of choco-filling to embed inside. This proportion yields perfect-sized, mess-free choco-fill cookies.
Can I freeze the dough?
What happens if I skip baking soda in the recipe?
- I tried. The result was a little dense yet crispy outer. If you are not bothered with denser cookie outside, you can skip out baking soda from the recipe.
- A pinch of baking soda added gives an airy and crispy outside.
How long the chocolate filling has to be refrigerated?
It takes 10 to 15 minutes to become firm. By the time the choco-filling is getting ready, the cookie dough can be prepared.
Furthermore, do not overdo while kneading. Having said that, it is not kneading and is actually combining the dough. Yes! JUST combine the dough. What happens when you over-knead the cookie dough? The gluten bonds developed would hinder the light and airy nature of the cookies, and could probably make the cookies harder and chewier.
The crispy cookies holding the chewy chocolaty filling is a real bliss for all chocolate lovers. The rich taste and texture of the choco-fill cookies would deny the need to get the ones from the shops. Stop buying chemical-added choco-fill cookies from the stores and try making my version of chemical-free, healthy choco-fill cookies.
For the kids, these cookies would be a great treat. A single batch makes 35 to 36 choco-fill cookies which you can store in an air-tight container and enjoy for a week if your loved ones let the cookies sit in there ;)
I usually bake cookies in my oven which makes my job easier. For those who love to bake on the stove-top, I have experimented and showcased the making of the "no oven" version as well. Make a batch of truly healthy cookies and win your loved one's heart. Both the convection mode baking and the stove-top baking are explained in the post.
Do return back to type your recipe experience in the comment box below. I would love to hear back from you.
If you are interested in other chocolate-based recipes, feel free to explore:
- Ragi Hot Chocolate
- Ragi Mini Choco Lava Cake
- Chocolate ganache with jaggery
- "No Bake" Peanut Brownie Fudge
Have you tried this recipe?
If so, take a snap & tag '@packthesnack_' on Instagram.
⏲ Baking Time: 13 to 17 minutes (per batch)
⏲ Total Time: 45 minutes
The healthy cookies prepared out of whole wheat flour and Jaggery, packed with totally chocolaty chocolate filling inside.
Choco-fill Cookies with Whole Wheat & Jaggery
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Cocoa powder - 1/2 cup
- Milk powder - 1/4 cup
- Jaggery powder - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 2 tbsp
- Whole wheat flour - 1& 1/2 cup
- Cocoa powder - 1 tbsp
- Baking soda - a pinch
- Butter - 1/2 cup (softened)
- Jaggery powder - 1 cup
- Milk - 1 tbsp
- In a double boiling method, heat 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add in the cocoa powder, jaggery powder, milk powder, and mix without lumps.
- Add 2 tablespoons of milk and mix until glossy.
- Cool the chocolate filling completely and refrigerate until firm.
- In a mixing bowl, mix whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk the butter and jaggery powder together.
- Add the dry ingredients mixture in batches and combine the dough.
- Add a tablespoon of milk and combine the dough.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of cookie dough, make a ball and flatten it.
- Scoop out a teaspoon of chocolate filling (from the fridge), make a ball, and keep it at the centre of flattened cookie dough.
- Gather the edges and form a sphere. Flatten the cookie carefully.
- Preheat the oven and bake the cookies for 13 to 15 minutes. For stove-top baking, bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until done.
- Cool the cookies completely, store them in an air-tight container, and enjoy!
Stay Connected on YouTube, Facebook & Instagram(@packthesnack_)!
Step-by-Step Procedure with Pictures
How to Make?
- Place a pan of water over the stove and bring it to a boil. Place a glass bowl over the pan, making sure that the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add half a cup of cocoa powder to the butter.
- Add a quarter cup of milk powder to the bowl.
- Now, add half a cup of Jaggery powder to the same bowl.
- Mix everything well until combined.
- Add 2 tablespoons of milk now.
- Mix until the chocolate filling turns glossy.
- Cool the chocolate filling completely and refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes to get it firm.
- Take 1 & 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of cocoa powder to it.
- Also, add a pinch of baking soda to it.
- Mix all the dry ingredients well.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk half a cup of softened butter until fluffy.
- Add a cup of Jaggery powder, and whisk it with butter until fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients mixture in batches, and start to combine.
- The dough looks crumbled at this stage.
- Add a tablespoon of milk.
- Take the chocolate filling out from the fridge, scoop out a teaspoon of filling and make small-sized balls.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of cookie dough, form a big-sized dough and flatten it.
- Keep the choco-filling at the centre and gather the sides to form a big sphere.
- Flatten the sphere gently to get the perfectly-sized choco-fill cookie.
- Preheat the oven at 180-degree Celcius. Arrange the cookies in the greased baking tray, making sure they are kept apart from each other.
- Bake the cookies for 13 to 15 minutes.
- For stove-top baking, preheat the sand for 10 minutes over medium flame.
- Arrange the cookies on the baking tray and place it inside the vessel.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes over low to medium flame.
- Cool the cookies completely.
- The super chocolaty and crispy choco-fill cookies are ready to enjoy!
- Do not over knead the cookie dough. JUST combine! And that's the magic behind crispy cookies.
- While baking, keep the cookies apart from each other as they tend to grow in size.
- Keep an eye on the oven while the cookies are baking. Under baking yields softer yet non-crispy cookies while over baking yields harder cookies.
Crispy & Chocolaty!
இவ்வளவு குறுகிய காலத்தில் நூறாவது ரெஸிபி🔥.. உன் முயற்சிகளுக்கு வெற்றி கிடைக்கும்👍👌👌.. உனக்கான வெற்றி பாதை காத்திருக்கிறது💐.. வாழ்த்துகள் சுபி 🎉🎉⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐💐 மகிழ்ச்சி❤️ReplyDelete
Congrats my dear...ReplyDelete
Fantastic effort with stunning recipes... Awesome😍👍👍👍
A very delightful article that you have shared here. Your blog is a valuable and engaging article for us, and also I will share it with my companions who need this info, Vegan Chocolate Thankful to you for sharing an article like this.ReplyDelete
Excellent post vanilla paste, I really enjoy reading and also appreciate your work. This concept is a good way to enhance knowledge. Keep sharing this kind of articles, Thank you.ReplyDelete