Coconut Halwa with Fresh Coconut & Jaggery | Thengai Halwa | Nariyal ka Halwa | Healthy & Easy 15 minutes dessert
Coconut Halwa | Thengai Halwa | Nariyal ka Halwa recipe with Jaggery and fresh coconut is very easy to make and could be prepared in just 15 minutes with just a tablespoon of ghee.
Coconut Halwa - a sweet delicacy that is truly hard to resist with a natural coconutty flavour. Unlike other Halwa recipes, the coconut Halwa is an ultimate easy dessert that can be done in less than 15 minutes. Think of the rich coconut that gets it cooked in a bowl of milk. The amazing taste with the unbeatable flavour would be the result when the milk is reduced and the milk-coconut mixture is thickened enough to get it set in a mould.
I have a secret ingredient here which makes the Halwa even more flavoursome and is the real reason behind this Halwa to get ready in a very few minutes. Believe me, this recipe is handsomely hassle-free and totally-coconutty leaving no place for unhealthy ingredients.
Fresh coconut or Desiccated coconut?
- Both works.
- But I prefer using freshly shredded coconut to get the perfect coconutty punch in the Halwa.
Furthermore, a tablespoon of ghee or coconut oil is enough to prepare this Halwa that is quite impossible with other Halwa recipes.
Can we proceed with "no milk" in the recipe?
- The milk when reduced and infused with the coconut would yield a rich taste.
- If you want to skip the milk, you can add any plant-based milk like coconut milk, almond milk or soy milk as a substitute.
So, what is the secret behind this recipe?
- A cup of fresh coconut along with a quarter cup of Rava is the real secret that works with no flaws in flavour and taste.
- The Rava/ Sooji when dry roasted along with the fresh coconut would be very aromatic that makes the Halwa more flavoursome. The loaded coconutty flavour and the subtle aroma of the roasted Rava create the best coconut halwa ever.
Though this super delicious dessert can be prepared with "no Rava", I suggest adding it which makes it easy for the halwa to get thicken with not much time consumed, and the halwa can be get set & unmoulded easily.
Also, try not to add white sugar and deviate the taste of the coconut halwa. The Jaggery would be the best pair of coconut that lends the perfect taste to the halwa which is nearly not possible to get beaten by any other sweeteners. If you are interested in other healthy halwa recipes, I suggest visiting my other halwa posts.
1. Black Rice/Kavuni Arisi Halwa - with palm jaggery
2. Sweet Potato Halwa - with jaggery
Smooth or Grainy texture?
- The super-smooth texture is perfect for this coconut halwa that start to melt in the mouth the next moment we keep it inside. I suggest a smoother texture for the best coconut halwa.
- The grainy guy would also lend the flavour, but then and there, and not throughout.
So, the smooth and silky Halwa pieces fully loaded with coconutty flavour and sweetened with the good man Jaggery is what comes through this post. Make it for any occasion as the recipe is super tasty, hassle-free, and could be made easily even in a jiffy within 15 minutes with the healthy Indian-home available ingredients.
Have you tried this recipe?
If so, take a snap & tag '@packthesnack_' on Instagram.
⏲ Cooking Time: 15 minutes
⏲ Total Time: 20 minutes
The totally-coconutty, smooth-textured coconut halwa prepared out of fresh coconut, milk and jaggery that can be set and cut into pieces.
- Fresh Coconut - 1 cup [tightly-packed][or desiccated coconut- 1 cup]
- Rava/Sooji - 1/4cup
- Whole milk - 2 cups
- Jaggery powder - 3/4 cup [tightly-packed]
- Ghee - 1 tbsp [or coconut oil - 1 tbsp]
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Chopped nuts - 2 tbsp [cashews, almonds & pistachios]
- Dry roast a cup of tightly packed fresh coconut along with a quarter cup of Rava.
- Once done, transfer to a mixer jar, and grind them along with two cups of milk to get a smooth paste.
- To a pan, add a tablespoon of ghee, and add in the smooth paste.
- Add the Jaggery powder and mix well to dissolve.
- Cook over a medium flame stirring the paste constantly.
- After 10 minutes, the halwa would start to thicken and the sides would start to leave the pan.
- Add cardamom powder and chopped nuts, and give a mix.
- Transfer the halwa to a greased plate or wax paper and allow the halwa to cool down completely.
- Once cooled, cut into pieces and enjoy!
Stay Connected on YouTube, Facebook & Instagram(@packthesnack_)!
Step-by-Step Procedure with Pictures
How to Make?
- At first, pack the cup tightly with freshly shredded coconut. Transfer it to a pan.
- Take a quarter cup of Sooji/Rava and add it to the same pan. Any variety of Rava can be taken.
- Dry roast the ingredients well until the aroma comes out. It takes about 3 minutes to get done.
- Cool them down and transfer them to a mixer jar. Add 2 cups of milk to the mixer jar and grind to get a very smooth paste.
- To a pan, add a tablespoon of ghee. You can add a tablespoon of coconut oil if want to skip the ghee.
- Add the ground paste to the pan.
- Now, add 3/4 cup of Jaggery powder to the pan. The sweetness would be mild and not much. You can add up to 1 cup of Jaggery powder for more sweetness in the halwa.
- Stir well to dissolve the Jaggery.
- Stir the halwa constantly over medium flame.
- After 10 minutes, the halwa would get thicken and reach the right consistency. The sides should start to leave the pan.
- Flavour with cardamom powder and add the chopped nuts.
- Mix well and the halwa is ready to get set.
- Transfer to a greased plate or wax paper and allow to cool the halwa completely.
- Unmould the halwa and cut it into pieces.
- Enjoy the best coconut halwa that just melts in the mouth.
- Use a wide pan and the halwa would be ready in little time.
- Unlike other Halwa recipes, this coconut halwa needs a very less amount of ghee.
- Using fresh coconut makes the halwa very coconutty.
- Instead of Jaggery powder, 2/3 cup of filtered thick jaggery syrup can also be added as a sweetener.
And, Of course, Healthy!
Super da.. sema simple preparation..👍🎉⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ReplyDelete