Whole Wheat Egg Lappa | Quick Egg Murtabak | 'No-Knead, No-Roll' INSTANT Egg-Stuffed Paratha Recipe | Indian Street Food in an easy way
Egg Lappa or Egg Murtabak (Muttabaq) is one of the famous street food from the South Indian cuisine which with the crispy outside, and the tasty egg stuffing would be wholly awesome to enjoy as a soul-filling feast. The Murtabak is a kind of pancake or Indian flatbread that is folded all along with the best fillings prepared out of meat, veggies or egg.
The envelope of the Egg Murtabak is prepared with all-purpose flour which makes it crispy and flaky from the outside. The beautiful yet unhealthy white dough, after getting waited for some hours will be rolled or spread to a very thin sheet, and the spicy egg mixture goes in as a stuffing, which is then folded and cooked until flaky and crispy to get the perfect Egg Murtabak.
To prick the unhealthiness out of the dish, I thought of using whole wheat flour. But, how about the taste? Whether it could match up the taste of Maida Lappa? Hardly, No. Also, think about the stretchy process of kneading dough, and the waiting time to make the dough stretchy enough to prepare pretty good parathas. My way of Egg Lappa is an ultimate hit that cuts down the bulky time consumed and also tastes unbelievably great with the perfect crispiness on the outside lending so soft-inside with the best fluffy egg stuffing.
So, What's Special in my style of Egg Lappa?
1. No-Knead, No-Roll:
- Well! The Lappa envelope is an idea inspired by the trending liquid dough paratha. It makes the job much easier.
- To make it much easier, I put all the ingredients in a mixer or food processor and run for 10 seconds. That's it, guys! Sounds very simple right? So, No need to knead and yes, no mess! 🤣
- You have one more good news waiting for you! The next moment you prepare the batter, you can start making Lappas without any waiting time. WOW!
- Do you know the best thing? You need not roll the paranthas. Just pour the batter into a pan and start making Lappas (simple like preparing dosa!).
2. Just 3 minutes to Make:
- As we pursue the 'No-Knead, No-Roll, N0-Wait' technique, and also the 10 seconds batter preparation, it is so quick to make Egg Lappas.
- The total preparation could be done in just 3 minutes and I bet, the taste of the recipe would be highly unbeatable.
Furthermore, the egg Murtabak can be enjoyed even without any side gravies or you can enjoy it with any veg or non-veg Salna too. Though the addition of Salna to the egg stuffing is optional, it elevates the taste of the dish. And, cooking on low flame is the only mantra to get a perfectly crispy and flaky envelope.
The easiest yet tastiest, drool-worthy Egg-stuffed Paratha is what comes through this post. Try the super-duper recipe and load your comments in the comment box below.
The quick and drool-worthy Egg Lappa prepared using Whole Wheat flour pursuing the 'No-Knead, No-Roll' technique which forms perfect crust holding the fluffy egg stuffing.
Whole Wheat Egg Lappa
- Wheat flour - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Egg - 1
- Salt - 1/2 tsp or adjust to taste
- Jaggery powder - 1 tsp
For the Egg Stuffing:
- Egg - 3
- Salt - 1/4 tsp or adjust to taste
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Onion - 1 (medium-sized)(finely chopped)
- Green chilly - 1 (finely chopped)
- Salna - 2 tbsp (optional)
- Take all the ingredients under "For the liquid dough batter" in a mixer jar and grind for 10 seconds to get the batter ready.
- Beat all the ingredients under "For the egg stuffing" to get the stuffing ready.
- Now, pour the batter into a pan and spread like dosa keeping the flame on low.
- Flip and cook the other side.
- Now, pour the egg stuffing over the paratha and fold the four sides in such a way as to pack the egg inside.
- Drizzle some oil or ghee and cook until the crust is formed. Flip and allow the crust to form.
- Cut crosswise and enjoy the Egg Lappa very hot with or without any side dip.
Stay Connected on YouTube, Facebook & Instagram(@packthesnack_)!
Step-by-Step Procedure with Pictures
How to Make?
For the Liquid Dough Batter:
- Add in half a cup of milk.
- Break an egg and add to the same mixer jar.
- Add in the salt. You can adjust salt as per your taste.
- Add in a teaspoon of Jaggery powder. Adding a little sweetness to the batter would enhance the taste of Egg Lappa.
- Grind all the ingredients together for 10 seconds.
- The batter is now ready to make Egg Lappa!
For the Egg Stuffing:
- Break 3 eggs into a bowl.
- Add in the salt, turmeric powder, black pepper powder and cumin powder.
- Add in the finely chopped onions and green chillies.
- Add any veg or non-veg gravy or even empty Salna if available. Adding Salna is optional and you can skip this step as well.
- Beat the ingredients well to infuse with the egg.
- Now, the Egg stuffing is ready!
For Making Egg Lappa:
- Pour a ladle full of batter into a pan and spread in a circular motion. Keep the flame on low while pouring the batter.
- Allow the batter to cook before flipping.
- Flip the paratha and cook the other side too. You may see the bubbles forming over the parathas.
- Now, pour a little egg mixture into the centre of the paratha and spread it a little.
- Fold from four sides in such a way as to embed the egg stuffing.
- Drizzle some oil or ghee and cook until the crust is formed.
- Flip to the other size, drizzle some more oil and cook over the low flame until the crust is formed.
- Cut diagonally the Egg Lappas and serve hot.
- Enjoy the Egg Lappa hot and get yourself vanished in the crispy crust and the fluffy egg stuffing.
- Keep the flame on very low while pouring the liquid dough which helps to get the mess-free parathas.
- In case, if the Salna is not available, you can add a little garam masala to the egg stuffing to get a similar taste.
- Don't rush up. Allow the Lappa to get cooked with the perfect crust.