INSTANT 'Crispy & Spicy' Sweet Corn Dosa | 10 minutes dosa | Quick version
Any Sweet Corn Lovers here? I think this sweet buddy is loved by most people despite any specific age groups. Though Sweet corns are a genetically changed kind of maize, it is difficult to say 'NO' to such a juicy and sweet guy. Addedly, they are very friendly to both sweet and savoury delicacies.
Crispy dosa is the regular one at my home as my kid and I go crazy on
these crispy crepes. My mom is an expert in the art of making crispy
dosa and I finish off it even without any dip which my mom always used
to blame me for. My kid follows me and she also has joined
my club now😜. This recipe is an outcome of our crazy craving for crispy
dosa which becomes a spicy and tasty treat too.
There are numerous Sweet Corn Dosa recipes out on the web and my quick version of Sweet Corn Dosa is very unique and instant which you probably may not find anywhere till now. The sweetness from the Sweet corn, the spiciness from the added masala ingredients, and the flavour from the perfectly roasted Moong dal is beautifully balanced which makes this version of Instant Sweet Corn Dosa so special.
What's so Special in this Sweet Corn Dosa?
- Uncooked corn: There is not any need to cook the sweet corns before you make these crispy crepes. Sounds great, right?!
- No Soaking: There is not any need to soak any one of the ingredients, and so, it has become a super time-saving recipe.
- No Fermentation: The next second the batter is ready, you can be able to prepare a crispy dosa. Yup! No time wasted in the fermentation process.
- No Flipping: Flip and cook the dosa is not necessary. Once the dosa starts to turn crispy, just fold into half and enjoy.
- As the masala ingredients are also ground along with the sweet corns, the batter would be silky smooth paving the way for the perfectly crispy sweet corn dosa.
Without much effort, these spicy crepes can be prepared in less than 10 minutes. Are you curious to know about the taste? Trust me, guys! the taste would be more than what you expect. You can replace moong dal with besan flour, but the crispiness of the dosa is not ensured. You could soak the moong dal for an hour instead of roasting it, but the time taken would be more, and the lovely flavour hint of the roasted moong dal would be missing in the dosa.
After a series of experiments, I discovered this quick version which is Instant & simple to make, and a tasty treat for the taste buds as well. The flavour combo of the sweet corn and the moong dal would be very pleasing and the lovely yellowish-brown colour of the crispy dosa would be very inviting to eat.
Check out other healthy dosa recipes here:
Can I imitate the same recipe with cooked Sweet corns?
- Yes! you can.
- With the boiled sweet corns, the flavour of the sweet corns would be more noticeable.
Can I prepare the batter ahead?
- The batter can be prepared ahead and refrigerated for a day before use.
- But, while making dosa, the pan should not be kept sizzling hot. The batter could not be spread properly if the pan is too hot when you pour. Keep the flame on very low and yes! way to get perfectly crispy dosa.
Furthermore, the number of green chillies added can be adjusted based on your taste preference. The infused masala ingredients let the dosa goes well even without any side dips. The green chutney and the coconut chutney can be paired with these tasty instant Sweet Corn dosa. Try the recipe and comment to me since I love to hear back from you.
Crispy and spicy crepes prepared instantly with uncooked sweet corns, moong dal and other masala ingredients.
INSTANT 'Crispy & Spicy' Sweet Corn Dosa
- Sweet corn - 1
- Moong dal - 1/2 cup
- Green chilli - 1 to 2
- Ginger - 1/2 inch
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Shallots - 5
- Crystal salt - 2 tsp
- Rice flour - 1/4 cup
- Water - 1 & 1/2 cup
- Segregate the corn kernels from the sweet corn and keep it ready.
- Dry roast moong dal until aromatic and keep aside.
- Take corn kernels, roasted moong dal along with green chilly, ginger, garlic and shallots and grind coarsely.
- Add little water and grind to make a fine and smooth paste.
- Add rice flour to the smooth paste and adjust water to get pouring consistency.
- Brush the skillet with little oil and pour a ladle full of batter into the skillet and spread it in a circular motion to get a circular thin dosa.
- Allow it to cook and then brush the dosa throughout with little ghee.
- When it turns crispy, fold into half and serve hot with or without any side dips.
Stay Connected on YouTube, Facebook & Instagram(@packthesnack_)!
Step-by-Step Procedure with Pictures
How to Make?
- Take uncooked sweet corn and segregate all the corn kernels. The kernels should measure about 1 cup. Add them to a mixer jar.
- Take half a cup of moong dal and dry roast until it turns aromatic.
- Add the roasted moong dal to a mixer jar.
- Now, add in the green chillies, ginger, garlic, shallots and salt and grind coarsely. The water content in the sweet corn is enough to get a paste consistency.
- Add half a cup of water to it and grind to get a super smooth paste.
- The paste should be very fine and smooth to get crispy dosa.
- Add in a quarter cup of rice flour to the smooth paste.
- Add about a cup of water and mix well to get the pouring consistency. The amount of water can be adjusted based on the need.
- The batter should not be very thick and should not be runny too.
- Take a skillet and brush it with little oil. Pour a ladle full of batter and spread in a circular motion to get the thin dosa.
- Allow it to cook and apply little ghee throughout the dosa using the brush.
- Once it turns crisp, fold into half and serve hot. It will take a minute or two to get crisp.
- Enjoy the crispy dosa with or without any side dips.
- Make sure the prepared batter is very smooth which is very much mandatory to get crispy dosa.
- Applying ghee or oil throughout the dosa using the brush is a wise idea in getting crispiness throughout the dosa.