Gulab Phirni/Firni recipe | Rose Phirni | 2 Secret Ingredients & 6 Tips to make 'Rich & Creamy' Rice Phirni dessert
Rose Phirni/Firni - A perfect Love Dessert to win your Sweet One's Heart!
What could replace the position of ROSE in showing a romantic way to express the Love? Nothing, right?! Rose Phirni is one such Romantic dessert that not only fills the heart but fills the soul with mindblowing taste and mesmerizing love feel.
The mouth-melting creaminess of the Gulab Phirni makes you feel yum yum in each bite. The untold story of the flavour-loaded rose petals does the real magic to this Love dessert. The chilled 'Rich & Creamy' Rose Phirni is the most wanted thing after any Soulful special lunch or dinner and of course, in a Loveday to showcase the Love for your partner.
I believe that any dish prepared with a lavish bouquet of Love would be unbelievably good in taste. Just think what would happen if unbounded love is showered over this already tasteful Love dessert?! It becomes an ultimate luxurious love dessert that the world always wants. A dash of flavourful rose petals, a pinch of saffron strands, a bowl of flavoured Basmati rice slowly cooked in few cups of rich milk makes the Rose Firni creamy enough to satiate the soul.
What is Phirni?
- Phirni is an ultimate classic pudding dessert from the Indian subcontinent which is made by cooking any ground flavourful rice in the milk. The simple dessert becomes luxurious when the milk turns thick and creamy, seasoned enough with Saffron and Nuts.
- Phirni is super easy to make, super yummy to taste and is the one which I choose to have after any Occasional special lunch.
- Phirni is served chill and is the right way to feel the richness and creaminess of the Love dessert.
Kheer vs Phirni:
- Kheer is often confused with Phirni as the ingredients used are almost the same.
- Kheer is made by cooking whole rice in the milk until pouring consistency whereas Phirni is made by grinding the rice coarsely and then cook in the milk until thick and creamy.
- The end taste of both Kheer and Phirni would be different.
Do we need Full Fat Milk for the recipe?
- NO. I use cow's milk for this recipe with which I achieved creaminess with the help of the perfectly chosen Secret ingredients. Secret?? LOL Secrets will be revealed in no time.
- Usually, full-fat milk is preferred for this recipe as we need it to be super creamy. Some people add condensed milk and some add khoya to make Phirni irresistibly rich and creamy.
Earthen Pots for Serving?
- The traditional way is to serve Phirni in the Earthenwares. The reason behind that is, the excess moisture from the Phirni is absorbed by the earthen vessels and so, the Phirni would stay very creamy with zero moisture content in it.
- Nevertheless, Phirni can be served in any serving bowls.
Any Substitute for Basmati Rice?
- Any flavoured non-sticky rice or simply raw rice can be used.
- Basmati rice is used for its unique flavour.
TWO Secret Ingredients to make Phirni Rich & Creamy:
1. CASHEWS- Really! It works like magic, making Love Phirni much creamier than we want it to be.
2. BUTTER- Yup! A teaspoon of butter is enough to make the Love Phirni very rich.
These secret ingredients along with Love is what I add to give a perfect finishing touch to my Love Phirni. Try the same and you will get to know the tremendous difference between the traditional Phirni and my style of Rich & Creamy Phirni.
SIX Tips to get Perfect Love Phirni:
- Cashew nuts make the Phirni thicker and creamier. I suggest adding cashews if you use whole milk instead of Full-fat milk. The milk I got from Milkman is badly watery and still, I got perfect Phirni with the help of my Secret ingredient "CASHEWS".
- Soak the Basmati Rice and Cashews in hot milk. Though it is a practice to soak rice in water, I love soaking in the milk and it enhances the taste as well.
- Grind the soaked rice and cashews into a very fine paste. This is also violence in the rule of making Phirni. Oh! that's okay! When the end result is too good than expected, why should we still stick to the rules? Break the rule of grinding to a coarse powder or paste. Grind to a very fine paste which will be easier for the rice to get cooked in no time and also, the Phirni will turn thick and creamy.
- Stir continuously as you add in the ground paste of rice into the milk. Stirring prevents the lump formation and conserves the smooth nature of Love Phirni.
- Whenever you boil the milk, the Malai is what gets accumulated over the sides of the pan. Scrape down the Malai into the milk often to make the Phirni creamier.
- Adding butter makes the Phirni tastes rich. You can feel the richness with just a teaspoon of butter added to it.
With my powerful Secret Ingredients and the most useful tips, there is not a single chance of flop when you make Rose Phirni. Adding naturally flavoured rose syrup and rose petals lends the romantic Love flavour and the beautiful Pink colour to the Romantic Love Dessert "Rose Phirni".
Be it your Sweet Love or Little Love, they will love you more and more, after tasting this Soulful Love Dessert. Can't wait to learn this drool-worthy Love dessert? Let's get started.
Wanna explore some more Love Recipes?
- Gulab Kalakand/ Rose Kalakand - love dessert
- Kashmiri Pink Tea - love beverage
- Gulkand Red Rice Paniyaram - love-filled paniyaram
- Homemade Rose Syrup & Rosemilk - yummy love syrup
- Rose Petal Jam & Instand Gulkand - gooey healthy love jam
- Rose & Nuts Chikki - brittle love bars
A thick, rich and creamy Love dessert prepared by cooking ground rice in the milk, flavoured with the dried rose petals, saffron and nuts.
Gulab Phirni/Firni | Rose Phirni
What to Use? [1 cup = 150 ml]
- Cow's milk - 4 & 1/2 cups
- Basmati Rice - 1/3 cup
- Dried Rose petals - 1/4 cup
- Rock Candy - 3/4 cup (or organic sugar)
- Saffron Strands - a few
- Butter - 1 tsp
- Homemade Rose Syrup - 2tbsp
- Rose Water - 1 tsp
- Cashews - 8 nos
- Pistachios, Almonds - 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Wash and soak Basmati rice and cashews in half a cup of hot milk for an hour.
- Add 4 cups of milk to a pan and bring to boil. Add in the saffron strands at this stage.
- Grind the soaked rice and nuts to a fine paste, and add to the milk stirring continuously. Once the rice is cooked, the milk will turn thick.
- Add in the rock candy or organic sugar once the rice is cooked. Stir to dissolve.
- Add in the butter and stir well.
- Add the homemade rose syrup, dried rose petals, and rose water to the milk and cook until creamy.
- Add in the chopped pistachios and almonds, stir and turn off the stove.
- Transfer to the earthen pots or any serving glass, top with chopped nuts & saffron, refrigerate and serve chilled.
Stay Connected on YouTube, Facebook & Instagram(@packthesnack_)!
Step-by-Step Procedure with Pictures
How to Make?
- Take 1/3 cup of Basmati rice, wash twice and drain-off excess water. Add in our first secret ingredient, Cashews to the same bowl. Soak them in half a cup of hot milk for 1 hour.
- Add 4 cups of milk to a wide pan and bring the milk to boil.. I use cow's milk here. You can use full-fat milk for this recipe.
- Add in the saffron strands and mix.
- Boil the milk for 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, transfer the soaked rice and cashews to a mixer jar.
- Grind them to a fine and smooth paste.
- Add the fine paste to the milk, stirring continuously to prevent the formation of lumps.
- Cook until the rice is cooked and the milk turns thicker.
- Add in the rock candy or organic sugar, and stir well to dissolve.
- Add a teaspoon of butter and mix well.
- Add 2 tablespoons of homemade rose syrup now. This adds a nice pink colour and fragrance to the Phirni. Add a quarter cup of dried rose petals and a teaspoon of rose water for the enhanced flavour.
- Mix everything well and the Love Phirni is almost on the way to finish.
- Add in chopped pistachios and almonds, and mix.
- The mixture should be thick, rich and creamy like this when you turn off the flame. It would be thicker once you refrigerate.
- Transfer the creamy Phirni to earthen pots or serving glass, and top them with nuts, rose petals and saffron.
- Refrigerate Love Phirni for at least 4 hours or until you serve.
- The ultimate Love dessert is now ready to surprise your Sweet Ones!
- Use a wide pan, and the job is done hassle-free within 15 minutes of time.
அன்பானவர்களுக்கு மிகச் சுவையான டெசர்ட்..ReplyDelete
Lovely dessert for loved ones...superbReplyDelete