ABC Kids Malt | Yummy & Healthy Instant Health Mix Powder for Kids
You may wonder what is ABC, isn't it? This ABC Kids Malt is the wonderful combination of one fruit, two vegetables and some roasted nuts which are carefully made into a malt powder that is just LIP-SMACKING.
The 'Malt' is the term usually used to denote the germinated cereals which are then dried to make a powder. Though we don't use any Cereals here, I use the term 'Malt' to mention the health mix powder thinking that it is not an big offense. As we don't use Wheat, this kids malt is completely gluten-free.
The best part is that when this ABC Kids Malt when comes in contact with hot milk would just get dissolved without leaving any sediment at the bottom making a perfectly yummy and an inviting health drink. This malt should be loved by the kids without any doubt since it is super-delicious.
The making part is a little bit tricky one which could be easily done if you follow my tactics. Having said all of these, this ABC Kids Malt is the idea that hatched from my mind after seeing the Beetroot malt video of Healer Baskar.
So, What is ABC?
- A for APPLE. The fruit which is rich in antioxidants, fibre and flavonoids.
- B for BEETROOT. The vegetable which is enriched with iron, folate and other vital minerals.
- C for CARROT. The vegetable which is loaded with Vitamin A, antioxidants and plenty of nutrients.
Addedly, some roasted nuts amps up the health benefit of this ABC Kids Malt. I use Jaggery powder that comes fresh from the farm that makes the kids malt awesomely delicious. One more point to add is that no sugar or jaggery is needed when you mix this up with the hot milk or hot water since it already has enough sweet in it.
Added to the list of Nuts milkshake, this ABC Kids Malt has gotten 5-star rating from my cute kiddo. This drink has enormous nutrients from Apple, Beetroot, Carrot and Nuts which can keep you and your kid busy and active throughout the day. I always feel glad and happy to share a healthy cum tasty recipe and this is one amongst them.
Some Tricks to get fail-proof ABC Kids Malt:
- Don't dare to use a non-stick pan and you would be just ended with no good result. Use IRON pan or Aluminium pan for the best results.
- Don't change the ABC mixture and Jaggery powder ratio. They should be 1:1 to get the perfect malt powder.
- Stir as long as the malt mixture leaves the pan. The malt mixture which sticks to the pan should turn whitish and the sides of the malt mixture should leave the pan as you stir. This is the right consistency to step the pan away from the burner.
- After stepping away from the burner, keep stirring the mixture under the fan or blower. Stirring with a spatula needs arm power. Use an electrical beater which makes the job much easier. (In the video, I stir using spatula only).
What is the solution if the malt mixture sticks to the pan?
- It's simple. Heat the pan for a minute and repeat stirring with a spatula or an electrical beater. The malt mixture will turn into a malt powder and comes off easily from the pan.
Why my Malt mix is not turning into a powder?
- You need to stir over the flame for a little more time or you have overdone it.
- If you take the pan away from the burner before reaching the right consistency, your malt mixture will not turn into a malt powder.
- If you keep stirring over the flame even after reaching the right consistency, the malt mixture will turn hard like a rock and won't turn into a malt powder.
- The right consistency is that the malt mixture should leave the pan when you stir and the portion of malt mixture which sticks to the bottom should show off whitish colour. (The next stage of Halwa consistency).
Once you get the malt powder, if is contains lumps, just grind in a mixer jar to get a powder. Even though few lumps are present, they tend to dissolve in the hot water or hot milk. So, no worries! If you want the ABC Kids Malt to be very fine, sift twice through a colander and store in a dry air-tight container.
My tested experiment says that the ABC Kids Malt stays good for 3 months at the room temperature and stays good for more than 3 months when stored in the refrigerator. This post explains the making of 450gms(approx) of ABC Kids Malt. I hope you will enjoy this recipe. Please try the recipe and come back to leave your valuable comments.
Also, Explore my healthy version of Kids Idly Podi that excels with the magic of Sprouts and Nuts.
An ultra-healthy and truly yummy Instant Health Mix Powder that is made from a fruit, two vegetables and some roasted nuts.
ABC Kids Malt | ABC Instant Health Mix
- Apple - 1 (medium-sized)(grated)
- Beetroot - 2 (medium-sized)(grated)
- Carrot -2 (medium-sized)(grated)
- ABC paste - 1 & 1/2 cup
- Powdered Jaggery - 1 & 1/2 cup
- Cashews - 1/4 cup
- Almonds - 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Grind Apple, Beetroot and Carrot into a lump-free smooth paste without adding any water.
- Measure the ABC paste and add to any non-stick pan; close with a lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add an equal amount of jaggery powder to the cooked ABC paste, stir, close with a lid and cook again for 10 minutes.
- Stir well and cook until there will be no moisture present in the malt mixture.
- Meanwhile, dry roast cashews and almonds, cool them down and grind to a powder.
- Add the roasted nuts powder to the malt mixture and stir continuously.
- Make a well at the centre of the malt mixture and the sides should not join.
- Keep stirring until the sides leave the pan and the portion that sticks to the bottom has started to show off a whitish layer.
- Now, keep the pan away from the burner and spread the mixture.
- Keep the pan under the fan or the blower and start to stir continuously with a spatula. You could use an electrical beater if you have which would make the job very easier.
- Stir until all the malt mixture would turn into a malt powder. If the mixture sticks to the pan or if you feel difficult to stir, heat the pan for a minute and then stir again. You should get your malt mix converted into a malt powder by doing so.
- If any lumps are present, grind them in a mixer jar to a fine powder. You could add cardamom powder at this stage for extra flavour. But the truth is, even without the flavouring agent, this Kids malt tastes great.
- Sift the malt powder if you want and store in an air-tight container which stays good for 3 months at the room temperature.
- Put a tablespoon of ABC Kids Health Mix into hot milk or hot water, stir and enjoy the great health drink. I bet you will lip-smack 😉
Step-by-Step Procedure with Pictures
How to Make?
- Peel-off one medium-sized apple (A) and grate it. You may get lumps if you cut into rough pieces. So, rather than chopping, grating seems to be the best option to get a lump-free paste.
- Peel-off two medium-sized beetroots (B) and grate them as well. For me, it measures about two tightly packed cups. But, don't bother about the measurement now.
- Peel-off two medium-sized carrots (C) and grate them. The exact measurement is not needed at this stage.
- Add the grated apple (A), beets (B) and carrots (C) to a mixer jar and grind without adding any water to get a lump-free paste.
- Now measure the ABC paste. It measures about 1&1/2 cups. Now, measurement is needed as we need to add jaggery powder in the 1:1 ratio. Add the measured ABC paste to the non-stick pan preferably iron or aluminium pan.
- Now, close with a lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Open the lid, stir and add an equal measure of jaggery powder to it. As ABC paste measures about 1&1/2 cups, I add 1&1/2 cups of jaggery powder to the pan.
- Stir, close with a lid and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Open the lid and stir occasionally. Stirring should be continued until there should be no moisture present in the malt mixture.
- Meanwhile, take 1/4 cup of cashews and 1/4 cup of almonds in a separate pan and dry roast them until crisp.
- Cool the roasted nuts completely, transfer to a mixer jar and grind them into a powder.
- Add the roasted nuts powder to the malt mixture now.
- Keep stirring the mixture. If you make a well at the centre, the sides should not come close and collide. This is the right sign that we are on the right path to malt powder.
- Keep stirring and at some point of time, the mixture would leave the pan as you stir. And the part of the mixture that sticks to the pan would show off whitish colour. This is the right consistency to step the pan away from the burner.
- Spread the mixture all over the pan.
- Switch on the fan or blower and keep stirring the mixture.
- If you are on the right path, the malt should now start to convert into a powder form. Keep stirring with a spatula or use the electrical beater to make the malt powder. If the malt has not completely transformed to a powder and if some portion remains sticking to the bottom, heat the pan for a minute and stir (or beat with an electric beater) again to get the malt powder completely.
- If any lumps are seen, transfer to a mixer jar and blend. You can add cardamom powder for flavouring.
- Grind to get a fine powder. A few small lumps are completely okay as they dissolve in the hot milk or hot water.
- You can sift the malt powder once or twice to get a fine malt powder.
- I got 450gms of ABC Kids Malt approximately for the mentioned amount of ingredients. Store in a dry and clean air-tight container. Mix a tablespoon of ABC Kids Malt powder to the hot milk or hot water to get the lip-smacking health drink!
Video for "ABC Kids Malt"
- The ABC paste and the jaggery powder should be in the ratio 1:1.
- Though stir with a spatula makes malt powder, using an electric beater would make the job easier.
- Small lumps are completely okay as they dissolve completely in the hot milk.
- As the ABC Kids Malt is already sweetened with the jaggery powder, no sweetener is needed when added to the hot milk or hot water.
- If malt powder is not formed, heat the malt mixture for some more time and stir it under the fan or blower.
Completely Healthy & Insanely Delicious!
Instant Health Mix that makes you Lip-Smack!