Healthy Chocolate Ganache | with Jaggery | Glossy Chocolate Sauce recipe
I usually make Chocolate Ganache with Pure Honey as the only sweetener. As it is not very economic, I tried to come up with the Jaggery version which is very simple and easy-to-make yet yields unbelievably good result in the taste profile. The chocolate ganache prepared with Jaggery and Honey is no lesser in taste than the one prepared with the white sugar.
This super yummy and supremely healthy Chocolate ganache can be stored in the refrigerator for a month and can be used as a topping for cakes, pancakes; as a spread for bread, buns; or as a filling and taste enrichers in chocolate-based beverages.
When I first posted this recipe, I have used more butter and even milk powder with honey as the only sweetener. The updated recipe makes use of just a teaspoon of butter with no milk powder added. The ratio of the ingredients is perfectly chosen to get the healthy cum tasty Chocolate Ganache which fits quite beautifully in all the chocolate-based recipes.
Furthermore, I suggest adding honey to get the glossiness and perfect taste in the sauce. But, make sure the honey is added after you turned off the stove. The milk can be omitted and the water can be added instead of milk. But the sauce would be thin and not so rich as we get with the milk.
Wanna try my chocolaty sauce-based recipe? Here it is for you from my cookbook.
The healthy chocolate sauce prepared with Cocoa powder, Jaggery and Honey.
- Cocoa powder - 1/2 cup
- Jaggery powder - 1/3 cup
- Corn flour - 1 tsp
- Milk - 1 cup
- Butter - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1/4 cup
- Add cocoa powder, jaggery powder and cornflour to a pan.
- Add in the milk and stir without lumps.
- Cook the mixture over a low flame until thickens.
- Add in the butter and mix well to combine.
- Turn off the stove and let the mixture cools down a bit.
- Add honey and mix well until glossy.
- Transfer to a glass jar and store up to a month in the fridge.
Stay Connected on YouTube, Facebook & Instagram(@packthesnack_)!
Step-by-Step Procedure with Pictures
How to Make?
- Add half a cup of cocoa powder to a pan.
- Add one-third cup of Jaggery powder to the same pan.
- Add a teaspoon of cornflour to the pan.
- Add in a cup of milk. You can add water in the place of milk.
- Mix without lumps.
- Cook over a low flame stirring constantly.
- The mixture will start to turn thick.
- Add in a teaspoon of butter and mix well.
- Turn off the stove as honey should not be added to the sizzling mixture.
- Add in a quarter cup of honey.
- Mix well so that the sauce turns thin and glossy.
- The perfectly healthy Chocolate Ganache is ready now. Transfer to a glass jar and enjoy!
- The sauce can be stored in the fridge for 1 month.
- The butter added is optional and you can omit if you do not want to add.
- Dare not skip honey as they provide perfect glossiness and taste to the chocolate sauce.
Healthy! Tasty! Glossy! Chocolaty!